Alvis & Company (Accountants) Limited will be what as known as the “Controller” of the personaldata you provide to us.
We only collect personal data about you which does not include any special types of information or location based information. This does however include your name, address, e mail, telephone number, Unique Taxpayers Reference number and your National Insurance number.
Why we need your data
We need to know your basic personal information to satisfy Anti Money Laundering legislation and to perform and complete the compliance and advisory services you instruct us to undertake on your behalf.
We therefore have both a “legal obligation” and “performance of contract” (signed engagementletter) basis to hold this data.
What do we do with this data?
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff at our one fixed business location, Milton House, in Hampton, Middlesex. We do not use sub contactors for the processing of any client data.
All software used by this practice to process compliance functions, such as Accounts production software, Payroll software, Personal Tax software and Company Secretarial software that will contain personal data is all supplied on licence by Iris Software Group Limited.
Other software providers that may contain details of your personal data are
We will not use your data for marketing purposes. Communications you will receive from us will either be personally specific to you, or your business, or client circulars.
We will not release details or confirm details of personal data to third parties without your prior approval or after we have received written confirmation of a requested approval from you
An example of this being Accountant Certificates requested by mortgage company or references sought by third parties.
How long we keep your data
We will keep details of personal data such as your name, address, e mail address and telephone number(s) for as long as you remain a client of this accountancy practice.
Our document retention policy will be as follows:
Accounts working papers - 6 years from the end of the company’s accountingreference date.
The accounts working papers will contain details of any Corporation Tax work undertaken and record of Corporation Tax Returns for the year in question
Personal taxation records - 4 years following the 31 January filing deadline date relevant to the tax year.
Payroll records - 6 years from the end of the tax year
E mails & correspondence - 6 years starting from the start of date of commencement of GDPR on 25 May 2018.
Some documents may be kept longer than this if there is a specific need that will arise in the future. An example being an Option to Tax certificate for a commercial property.
What are your rights?
- Access to your personal data: You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your personal data and you may request a copy of your personal data by contacting our head of privacy James Bolger at James@alviscompany.com
- Right to change or withdraw your consent: Where you have given us consent to make use of your personal data for any of the purposes outlined in this policy, you may withdraw that consent by contacting our head of privacy.
- Right to Rectification: You may ask us to update out of date or inaccurate information we hold about you. Please contact the member of staff who manages your affairs and this will be processed on our systems.
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances you may ask us to erase your Personal Data. If you would like us to erase the personal data we hold about you, please contact us specifying why you would like us to do so.
- Right to Data Portability: In certain circumstances you may ask us to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask for us to send such personal data to another data controller.
- Right to object: In certain circumstances you may object to our processing of your personal data. If so please contact our head of privacy James Bolger at James@alviscompany.com
- Right to restrict processing: You can ask us to restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you in certain circumstances. If so please contact our head of privacy James Bolger at James@alviscompany.com
- Make a complaint: You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). Further details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk.
Alvis & Company (Accountants) Limited – published 25 May 2018